Protect your boat against theft by securing it properly. The following suggestions should be followed:
- Never leave the keys in the boat when unattended.
- If you must leave your boat unattended in the water for an extended time period, you might consider taking the fuel line from the portable tank with you.
- You might also consider removing the battery.
- If your boat is on a trailer, install a trailer hitch lock so the trailer can’t be towed or take one wheel off the trailer and store it in your towing vehicle.
- Keep all equipment stored out of sight or take it with you.
- Paint the name on the transom of your boat.
- Make sure you record your HIN number and keep it in a safe place.