Do you need a temparaty boating license in Florida to rent a boat?
If you intend to rent a boat in Florida and were born on or after Jan. 1, 1988, you can either :
How long is the Florida temporary boating license certificate valid for?
90 days. The Temporary Certificate online will allow you to rent and operate a boat in Florida.
What's the minimum age to apply to get the Temporary boating license?
- There's no minimum age to take the exam.
- You must be at least 14 years old to drive a personal watercraft.
- You must be at least 18 years old to rent a boat in Florida.
What's the cost to take the exam?
- The test cost $3 plus $6.95 to access the course material so $9.95 in total. You can study as long as you need and take the exam whenever you're ready. You have unlimited trials. Once passed, you can print the Temporary Certificate immediately and go boating!
Study at your own pace
- Take a look at the study material if needed.
Only $ 9.95 to get the Florida Online Temporary Certificate
Take the online exam
- The exam consists of 25 multiple choice questions.
- Free exam retries - Risk free!
Print your certificate
- Print your Temporary Certificate and go rent your boat!
- Your certificate is valid for 90 days.
More than 500 000 boaters have trusted us
AceBoater is the best way to get your boating license and to have the freedom to go boating when you want, by yourself or with friends and family!
Made by passionate people
We wanted to create the most interactive and user-friendly online pleasure craft training platform for you. Our goal: to provide a clear, comprehensive and fun boater safety course, so that you can get on with the theory and go boating... NOW!
FAQ - Boating in Florida
- Do I need a boating license in Florida to rent a boat?
By successfully completing a knowledge check known as the temporary certificate (TC), boaters fulfill the requirement to legally rent a boat in Florida.
- Do I need a temporary boating license in Florida?
Although Florida does not enforce a boating license requirement, individuals born on or after January 1, 1988 must fulfill one of the following conditions: successfully complete a boating education course approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), pass an equivalent course, or pass a temporary certificate examination.
- Do I need a Florida Boating Safety Certificate if I'm only operating a jet ski/PWC?
Everyone born on or after January 1, 1988 must have a boater education identification card and photographic ID to operate a motorized vessel – including PWC – of 10 horsepower or more in Florida.
- I do not have a driver's license. Can I still get the Florida Boating Safety Certificate?
You are not required to have a state driver's license in order to obtain a boater education card.
- Is Florida Boating Safety Certificate accepted in other states?
Yes. All states that require boater education certification will recognize the Boat Operator's Certificate, due to a NASBLA approved course reciprocity for non-residents.
- What are the age restrictions to drive a motorboat in the state of Florida?
A person must be at least 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft in Florida.
A person must be at least 18 years of age to rent a personal watercraft in Florida.
It is unlawful for a person to knowingly allow a person under 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft.
- Do I need a boating safety certificate to rent a boat?
If you intend to rent a boat in Florida, you can get a Florida Boat Rental Temporary Certificate online which will allow you to rent and operate a boat in Florida, which will be valid for 90 days.
- Why should I choose ACEBOATER.com?
we have hundreds of illustrations that will help you to better understand the content;
our online course is available 24/7.
you can access our online support by phone, email or chat.
we offer multi-platform training.
our Policy has always been, "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back"!
- How long are boating cards valid in Florida?
Forever - they do not expire.
- What does the Florida boater safety course cost?
Only $ 9.95 (online course, final test and online certificate included).
Aceboater.com - The easiest way to get your Temporary boating license to rent a boat in Florida!
As mentioned in the Temporary Certificate Program, you have the option to take the exam only without the course material for the cost of $3.00.
You'll have to pay before taking the test. I prefer this option.