Port hand buoy / Green buoy / Port Lateral Buoy
What is a Port hand buoy?
- A port hand buoy marks the port (left) side of a channel, or where a danger is located;
- must be kept on the port (left) side of a pleasure craft when proceeding upstream;
- is green;
- If the buoy has a light, the color of the light is green;
- top is flat;
- If it is numbered, it bears an odd number;
- displays identification letter(s);
- can be shaped as: cans, spars or pillars.
Port hand buoy color
Port hand buoy at night
To learn more about the different buoys and beacons that can be found on the waters in Canada.
Start our first chapter for free