Technique for putting on a PFD while in the water:
- spread the device open with the inside facing up out of the water;
- rotate the device so as to look at the neck opening;
- extend both arms through arm openings;
- lift arms over the head;
- position the device around the upper body;
- fasten the device to fit snugly.
It is very important to regularly check the Personal Floating Devices in order to be aware of their characteristics and also to make sure that they will keep the persons afloat if needed. We recommend that you show them how to use this equipment in the case of an emergency.
Start our first chapter for free