Do I have to complete the course today?
You have one year to finish the course and you can complete it at your own pace, whether in one go or over a number of weeks. The system saves your progress each time you log in.
To pick up from your previous session to continue your course or exam, all you need to do is sign in using your email address and password.
How long does it take to go through the study guide?
- You must spend at least three hours studying the online course.
- The study time is divided into five chapters. At the end of each chapter there is a 10-question quiz.
- You need to get at least eight right answers out of ten to pass the quiz.
- If you don’t pass the quiz, you will need to spend at least the minimum time for that chapter revising the contents before retaking the quiz.
- You can check your wrong answers after each quiz.
- Once you have completed the five chapters you can take the final Transport Canada exam.
- You will have 75 minutes to answer 50 multiple-choice questions.
Why the button to access the quiz does not appear?
To access the quiz:
- You must study all the pages of a chapter before taking the quiz for that chapter. Each page must be marked with a check to continue.
- The study time required by Transport Canada must be elapsed. The timer at the bottom of the page shows the time left until you can take the quiz.
When the minimum study time for the chapter you are reading is up and you have read the whole chapter (check = read), the button ''Q'' will appear.
If I have read the paper-version of the study guide, can I just take the online exam?
No. Completion of the three-hour online course, including the five chapters and quizzes, is required to access the Transport Canada online final exam.
If I have a printed study guide can I take my exam online?
If you have read the printed study guide, you can take your exam online, however, you must still spend at least three hours taking the online course.
If you would prefer to take a written exam, you can visit one of our kiosks at regional exhibitions such as the Boat Show, Outfitter's hunting and fishing show, etc. You can take the written exam at our kiosk; you will need to get 75% correct to receive your card.